Mom, get your planners out, I’ve got DEADLINES you need to know about.
Yes, I’m sorry more important dates for senior year, I know you didn’t already have like 57 other dates marked.
1. Yearbook deadlines: While your senior’s official photo is contracted out through a photographer the school hires, the images you put in your ads are not. If you are wanting personalized photos, not the cap & gown style you will need to have these back ASAP. Most schools’ deadlines range from October 30th to December 1st.
2. Sorority packets: most colleges with a large greek life require you to start planning for rush week in the spring of senior year. You will need to put together rush packets for each prospective sorority. These will need to include rec letters and a variety of printed pics from a full body shot to a headshot. These deadlines start anywhere as early as April 1st, depending on the school.
3. Banquets & ceremonies: just about every organization or sport will have an end-of-year or season banquet and include tributes to the seniors. Most sports have team/individual photos taken, but most also allow you to submit your own photo for these as well. Depending on the activity banquets can be at the end of the 1st or 2nd semester.
4. Grad Cards! You’ll want to have these prepped and ready to send out by the 2nd week of May at the latest. Common cards sent now are customized with senior pictures to show off to friends and family.
5. Last is Grad parties! These typically take place starting the last week of May through the 2nd week of June. You’ll want pictures to place out on their “senior table” as well as pictures to put in those party invitations you’ll be sending out as well.
Moms, I hope this helps! For more senior year tips, please join my newsletter ( linked below ) we drop tons of good stuff in there every 2 weeks! Just like the Free Guide on What to Pack for your Senior Pics! Get the Guide by clicking HERE!